- 2016-2017 Annual Report
- 2015-16 Annual Report
- 2013-14 Annual Report
- 2012-13 Annual Report
- 2011-12 Annual Report
- 2010-11 Annual Report
- 2009-10 Annual Report
- Better Financial Tools or More Financial Education? Behavioral Changes and Financial Literacy Messages Embedded in Savings Group Activities in South Africa. A University Meets Microfinance Case Study by Anna Custers, University of Oxford, Saïd Business School, 2016.
- Empowering members and staff through financial education. Report by the PlaNet Finance Project team, 2016
- Understanding strategies and opportunities to promote livelihoods strategies and small enterprise development, including in agriculture, through savings groups in a rural setting. Report published by FinMark Trust, South Africa, 2012.
- Transforming lives: Can Savings and Credit Group membership work for people affected by HIV/AIDS?: A South African Case Study. Report produced by UK researcher Annie Barber, July 2011.
- Participatory Market System Analysis for Matatiele, September 2010. A report produced by Erna Kruger of Mahlathini Organics with assistance from SaveAct for LEAP, Eastern Cape.
- PhotoVoice as a Tool for Planning and Measuring Impact of Community-based Economic Development Initiatives: renewing research models and practices. A paper delivered at the ISDA (Innovation and Sustainable Development in Agriculture and Food) meeting in Montpelier, France from June 28 to July 1, 2010.[PDF 901 KB]
Reports on SaveAct’s impact:
- A qualitative assessment of SaveAct’s work “Signs of Impact #1” produced in June 2009 by independent research specialists at the School of Psychology at UKZN reflects encouraging signs of impact. Download the report here. (Size 419KB).
- Research by postgraduate student Alve Högman from the Department of Economics at Uppsala University Sweden confirms that SaveAct’s model has made a substantial difference to “consumption smoothing” among poor rural members and that SCGs are playing an increasingly important role in livelihood security. Read the thesis, Microsavings Effects on Consumption smoothing, here (PDF 926 KB).
A selection of videos depicting aspects of SaveAct’s work
- SaveAct supports 10 savings groups in Namaqualand, Northern Cape. Watch a video about how these groups conduct their business.
- Watch a video about SaveAct commissioned by our funding partner, the Vesper Society.
- Mrs Ellen Moloi from Obonjaneni, Bergville, who spoke at the first KZN Financial Literacy Conference held in Pietermaritzburg in July 2012. For a written transcript of Mrs Moloi’s presentation, click here. For the video clip, click here.
FAIR videos from South Africa: working with hybrid models of development