SMDP South Africa March | 27 to April 7, 2017.
The UNH Carsey School of Public Policy in partnership with VSL Associates and Save-Act will offer the Sustainable Microfinance and Development Program South Africa, a special two-week workshop devoted to Savings Groups in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa.
The course will provide participants with the latest tools necessary to design, implement, track and supervise the extent and quality of outreach. For this reason it is very much hands-on and involves a mixture of classroom lectures, simulations and field visits to successful SaveAct savings groups that have been running for several years.
MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Selection Preferences:
- Women practitioners only. If you are not a woman, please don’t apply.
- Practitioners who have at least two years of experience in the microenterprise development field
- Practitioners who work in Africa
- Practitioners currently involved in or planning to begin Savings Groups programs
- Practitioners who work for NGO or Development Finance Institutions and policy development organizations
- Candidates coming from disadvantaged backgrounds, preferably from rural and resource-poor areas
- Applicants who make some level of financial contribution to tuition, room/board, and/or travel costs
Scholarship Application Deadline
February 17, 2017
Regular Application Deadline
March 6, 2017
March 6, 2017